We are delighted to announce that Link CCTV Systems have retained the most widely recognised mark of approval in the security sector, the NSI Gold standard.
What is NSI Gold?
NSI (National Security Inspectorate) are the leading certification body for the security sector in the UK. Through monitoring and auditing their approved companies, NSI ensure that the highest UKAS accredited standards are maintained to attain certification. NSI Gold certification is considered the hallmark of excellence within our industry as it subjects the organisation to a rigorous external audit programme. For buyers and specifiers, NSI assures that their approved security providers are reputable and trustworthy with the expertise to translate needs to dedicated solutions.
NSI Gold approval confirms that Link CCTV Systems are:
- Technically Competent: Working to International and British Standards as well as NSI Codes of Practice, and that their teams have relevant technical experience
- Professional: Gold approval – operating a Quality Management System to ISO 9001:2015 and NSI Quality Schedules
- Trusted: Reputable Directors & leaders with relevant business experience and effective employee security screening
How we achieved it?
To achieve NSI Gold, we invited NSI to check that our products and services comply with industry standards through a comprehensive company audit. This involved:
- Checking we that are financially viable
- Vetting all staff to British Standard BS7858
- Being appropriately insured
- Operating from safe and secure premises
- Dealing with complaints in an appropriate way
- Operating to industry best practice
- Demonstrating technical and managerial competence
- Operating a 24 hour call out service and being responsive to emergencies
- Ensuring that with each system we install, we also offer a maintenance contract
At Link CCTV Systems, we are incredibly proud to be one of a select number of NSI Gold security companies in the UK. This involved many months of work, audits and process adaptation to align with the demanding and challenging requirements of the regulators. To pass without a single non-conformance being noted is very rare within the industry. Credit for the successful outcome of the assessment can be attributed to our Compliance Manager, Lloyd Briscoe, and Rebecca Russell of Stepping Stones for Business Ltd, which ably demonstrates the diligence of their work.
NSI Gold isn’t just a one-off certificate. It’s a process that we continue to use to improve and benefit the company. Within the security sector, it is considered to be a differentiator and reaffirms that a focus on high quality service and standards can set you apart from the rest.
The success of this recent audit has since proved to be a catalyst for enhancing Link CCTV’s in-house Quality Management System as we prepare to embark on accreditation to both ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2018. Watch this space!